We all know that feeling: did you leave the toaster oven on? Is the front door locked? And when you ask yourself these questions, you are at least an hour away. But imagine being able to ask yourself those questions without the panic by being able to pick-up your smart device and actually check these things. This is what home automation for your Woodland Park, CO, home is all about: convenience, security and support, all at your fingertips.
All in One Place
Each home automation system works a little differently, but the systems and appliances that can be automated in your home are largely up to you. The Robbins Heating & Air Conditioning automation product of choice is the Nexia Home Intelligence system, which allows you to put a maximum of 230 compatible products onto the system. However, most automation systems will help you control most, if not all, of the following:
- Electrical system
- Temperature setting and programming
- Certain plumbed appliances
- Door locks/security locks
- Security systems, including security cameras
- HVAC system
- Audio-visual system
Many home automation systems can also send you alerts. Alerts can be related to the systems in your home, such as in regard to a power outage, or security alerts. With some home automation systems you can see real-time video with active security cameras or turn on your dishwasher. The bottom line is that you decide what you want to control.
What Are the Benefits of Home Automation?
There are some key benefits of home automation that make it worth consideration:
- Better energy efficiency – not only can you program the energy-using systems in your home, many home automation systems allow you to monitor and track your energy usage.
- Security and safety – you can manage security cameras, lock and unlock doors and turn up the lights at dusk, all from your smart device.
- Convenience – the management of your household can be put at your fingertips, making home automation incredible convenient and easy to use.
Contact Robbins Heating & Air Conditioning today and schedule an appointment for home automation services in Woodland Park, CO.