Many people enjoy winter weather, but staying safe through the season still requires having a central heating system in a house. For most families in Colorado Springs, the heater that keeps them warm and safe through the winter is a gas furnace.
Gas furnaces come with their own safety cautions. We want to stress with our customers that gas furnaces are not inherently dangerous. If they were, they would never be allowed in homes at all. But if neglected or used incorrectly, a gas furnace can create deadly combustion and carbon monoxide dangers. Unfortunately, every year someone in Colorado Springs dies due to carbon monoxide poisoning. These tragedies are preventable if you take the right safety precautions.